FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 23, 2012, 12:27 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Be careful who you call a liar when you don't know the facts.

Originally Posted by star_world
Again, I try to avoid the phone lines but I know the accents I get and what was reported. 1Ks may go to the top of the list, but they don't go exclusively to HNL anymore. Compare to AA - where as an elite I've never reached an offshore center or an incompetent ICC drone.

Not correct. At the majority of airports with a big UA presence I've flown out of in the last month (ORD, EWR, FRA, LHR) there is a Premier Access queue for Silver / Gold members, a separate one for Plat / 1K / BF and a further one for GS / GF. Isn't this sufficient?
You obviously haven't flown from SFO. IAH or IAD, the biggest hubs after ORD. All elites funneled into 1 line. And given the # of elites that is not sufficient - there are more elites on the planes than nonelites (most of whom probably prefer to fly VS or B6 for the better product). I do not recall a 1K line at LHR but rather 1 line for all elites (which last time at BA was longer than the non-elite line!). At SFO it even includes the credit card holders.

Some of them do seem to be gone, but the signage that is being put up in many of the US hubs is in line with the split for checkin above - Plat / 1K / BF will be treated separately.
Again, last time I visited there was no split at IAD. I stand in the long line with the 2Ps. Of course I try to avoid, but not always possible.

No it's not. That's what Group 1 is for (along with C / F)
Really? And what happened to the red carpet?

Not if they are handled correctly. I agree that the process is a mess, but it's certainly possible for companion upgrades to work correctly even with the current implementation if the agents know what they're doing.

There are plenty of things to be frustrated about with UA but there are some real untruths in what you list above, as you can see.
Oh please there are plenty of running threads on how SHARES has made a mess of people's reservations post 3/03. You have zero cred on that one.'

Really the only improvements that I see for 1Ks in the last year are the change in upgrade priority (assuming you purchase full fare), elimination of 2P advance seat rez for E+ (which means I am less likely to get a middle seat when I make a last minute rez) and better North Am. saver award inventory (economy) displayed on SHARES. Am I missing anything?