FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - End of ID/BP cross-check at boarding in France for AF flights, starting May 15th
Old May 21, 2012, 3:12 pm
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well if you have that much difficulty with your mobile BP, perhaps you should switch back to paper?
So why should I as the customer change the way I get my boarding pass only to please a nonsensical procedure by the airline? Not quite customer-centric, is it?

Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't have any problem with mobile BP's or paper and like I said above I like the greeting. It is a part of French culture that you have a respectful greeting with the people serving you. If you just rush past the staff to your seat without even looking at them, it just isn't quite civilized.
You misunderstood my point. It was not about greeting or not (and if you knew me in person you'd know that usually it is me who greets them first). It was whether or not I need to show a paper to be greeted. I greet them - do they show me their ID? And how about saying aurevoir at the exit, do I have to show my BP again not to be ignored?

Whoever came up with that "we need to show a BP to be greeted in a civilized way" was looking for a lame pretext for a nonsensical process.

In my days of heavy AF flying I sometimes made it a sport to show BP from a different flight. It worked 90%. But still I was greeted. So much for security and for civilized greeting.