FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ground (Ramp/CSR) Operator Changes at UAX
Old May 21, 2012, 10:38 am
weirdlyndon

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
Same thing here at MBS (Saginaw). When 'real' United left in 2001, we had Atlantic Coast take over, a few years later, Skywest took over. When that contract came up, Air Wisconsin took over. I think they're 'up' again soon for negotiations, and they believe it will be yet another company. Now that I think about it, it might be Mesaba running it now, but I'm not certain.

Many people have remained throughout the process, some have come and gone. The biggest downside thus far was during the last 'changeover', the manager lost his job (someone with more seniority from elsewhere took over)--this guy was a true United guy who had been at MBS for 30 years. (On the side, he retired, but came back recently part-time and I get to see him regularly again).

This is far more common an occurrence than many are aware. I think all non-UA stations go through this every 2 years...Some change hands, some don't.
I'm confused - so in places like BFL and BUR that do not have any American Eagle service at all, Eagle is going to come in and take over the existing ground equipment and ground handling that SkyWest used to provide? As someone who flies out of BFL and BUR often, I've grown to know and like the SkyWest ground handlers, and just assumed it made sense that they were the ones handling the flights since their company was the one providing air service to those cities on United's behalf.