FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 19, 2012, 12:36 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
may be an overstatement but with the CFO's talk,
with UA Insider's explanation of upgrades, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18590619-post1532.html
the discussion chinatradermr had with Senior VP of Sales, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18585613-post236.html
the desired relationship of the new UA with it customers and elites is becoming clear.
While there had been much speculation, these instance are all painting a much clear situation -- a Brave New World.
I feel the same way. The UA Insider explanation and the chinatrader thread were eye-opening and made me regret jumping ship last year from AS. I am on my way to 1K by the end of June, and I don't know if it will be worth it. If things at UA don't improve by year's end, I am going back to AS or to DL.

I think that UA's service is similar to that of other U.S.-based airlines (except for AS, which has slightly better on-board service in my experience), but their attitude towards elites is much worse.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Obviously not using a teleprompter...

Starts at about 11:50...
"...Additionally, we also changed our Mileage Plus program, some of the benefits that, uh, accrued to the members. Uh, we, uh, we had certain groups in this group were over entitled if you will. Uh, and now, uh, we have realigned the benefits of that program with what the, the, the customers and, and, program, um, um, the participants are actually providing to the airline, and, and this is a good change going forward..."
I am not an apologist for UA, but a charitable reading of the "over entitled" comment, in context, suggests that he might have meant "over compensated." He says that in the context of what the customers are providing to the airline.

That said, I am unhappy (as many of you are) about the upgrade policy and other devaluations.