FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United CFO Rainey Implies Certain Elites were "Over Entitled".
Old May 19, 2012, 12:06 pm
iquitos

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Shares, coffee, upgrades,attitude

"Hindsight is 20/20, but, we underestimated peoples capacity to absorb change"

1K BIS is not to be sniffed at. I don't feel particularly entitled. I just expect clear rules and fair application. There was a time when they desperately needed loyalty. Next time around they shouldn't expect it. They have become over entitled. A lot of what they did for us was done by a more robust reservation system that figured out who we were and took care of us with little human intervention. I saw that a couple times where they really came through for me last year when they cancelled and reaccomodated seamessly without my asking for anything. That was the beauty of it. A relatively low cost way to make high mileage people feel appreciated. I used them for all my personal travel and steered business travel their way. I might add that the elite tag on a record also showed in human interaction. People were trained to make the extra effort for the hi mile passengers. Did they go too low? Were they too generous? Did it cost them that much? Who knows but now I feel like I have been singled out for punishment even revenge for sticking with them. This is a real nasty bunch we are dealing with.