FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Flight Attendants Blackmail Flight 49 BOM->EWR!
Old May 19, 2012, 10:02 am
LilAbner

There have been several posts where bashing a NEW FTer seems to have been done because he was reporting what happened to him, in his attempt to get out of Bombay, on a flight that he paid to fly (i.e --- shooting the messenger)!

His observations were first hand and although he was upset with the lack of concerns for ALL the passengers by only a few of the FA's it doesn't appear that too many posters are taking that fact into consideration when forming their opinion, thus making this strictly a one sided union issue.

Obviously there were other crew members (pilots & FA's) that were willing and legally able to getter-dun (including these - We's Got's Right's), but apparently 5 employees banded together and determined that they weren't going to bend one inch. They probably have that right, but what goes around, comes around, and I for one hope that Karma takes care of this matter some day, very soon. This choice to take care of #1 (or only 5) is a clear indication to me that should the passengers unfortunately become subjected to an EMERGENCY, should the S--t hit the fan someday, it's very possibly going to be, everyone for themselves!

Some of these senior FA's have way too much time to sit around and discuss how tough they have it and frankly it's high time to straighten out their heads. Sending any one of these five to a far off place, with a potential for another delayed flight due to a mx, is an opportunity for them to make another statement, which I for one wouldn't care to be a part of!

The way this could of, or should of been handled (assuming the OP is correct in his observations) is for these overworked and under paid FA's to get on the plane and fly back to the States, and refuse to do any long haul flight EVER AGAIN, if they thought that a mx may again inconvenience them in the future. There are certainly many, many other FA's, I'm sure, that are more than willing to do 2 or 3 (4 @ the most) flights to Bombay once a month.