FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Flight Attendants Blackmail Flight 49 BOM->EWR!
Old May 19, 2012, 7:00 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by oopsz
United has not treated its employees (or elites!) with compassion since the merger. If UA expected me to waive contractual benefits I enjoy for no reason other than "compassion", I would have told them to pound sand. I do not fault the FAs in this instance.
You might feel differently if you'd been sitting on that plane with a wedding, funeral, key presentation, etc. ahead in the States. If this attitude spreads it may not be smart to fly UA to any distant outstation. The Australia schedules, for example, are in tatters already owing to rickety airplanes. Wait until rogue clock-watching FAs start pulling this stunt on the ramp at MEL and SYD. One way to shoot the whole airline in the shorts is to have one group of FAs, and the pilots, begging another group of FAs to work with them in front of a planeload of passengers. Confidence in the brand? I think not.

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
...if I had the chance to irritate Smisek in some way, I probably would, but not at the expense of hundreds of people stuck half way around the world, who are just trying to get home.
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Inflicting that kind of pain on your clients in the name of labor relations is 100% inexcusable, and tends to make me think far less of the FAs as a group.
But very much in line with UA corporate culture. CO never had an SFH of its own. Looks like their people have now been bitten by the bug.