FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive Flying with Dogs on LH from Heathrow Thread
Old May 18, 2012, 1:38 pm
beciaczek

Question,urgent

I had booked my flight with Lufthansa from Edinburgh to Germany (Frankfurt) and then to Poland. I want to take my cat with me. Before I bought the tickets in December I checked the website and other information regarding taking my pet to another EEA state and it looked like I would be able to do it. Today I called Lufthansa customer service in the UK and wanted to buy an in cabin ticket for my cat. I was told that I cannot take my pet with my and have to use cargo. 2 customer service assistants told me that it is not possible to travel with pet on board from UK to another country!!!!!and that the only possible way is through cargo.

It is contrary to what Lufthansa's website states. Plus I have found various posts from people who had done it so I am totally lost.

When I called in December to ask I was told that I can take my cat with me. I have started issuing a passport, my cat has microchip and got rabies vaccination plus consulted everything with my vet. Nobody asked me about that.

Do you have any tips how to solve it? or have more info regarding travelling with pets from UK to another European country?