FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled Flight: Nightmare at YYZ
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2012, 4:32 pm
syntron

Programs: SPG Plat, Aeroplan 35k, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond, TK Elite
lol.. this is what I got from her...

"We are sorry to learn of the disruption to your travel. There are a variety of factors that can affect our operation, most recently we encountered weather issues in Central and Eastern Canada and an unusually high number of pilots calling in sick just to name a few.

The safety of our customers and employees is always our top priority. Please be assured considerable efforts were made to take care of our customers during this time and many employees continued to do everything possible to get people on their way as quickly as possible. We do apologize that we let you down. As a measure of goodwill, we are pleased to offer you a one time saving of 25% off of the base fare on your next booking at aircanada.com."

It is quite irritating.. it took me quite a bit of time to put together that three page e-mail with all the facts... and all I get back is a lousy cut and paste..

Also, what's up with AC these days.. my flight back home from HKG-YYZ (AC16) was held up at the gate for more than 2-hours, because of non up-to-date maintenance records. This plane flew-in from Canada to HKG, didn't someone in Canada notice that the maintenance records were not up to date before the flight left Canada?, or have we outsourced our aircraft maintenance compliance to the Chinese also?!

It's not a Honda Civic that you lose your oil-change receipt, it's a friggin $290mil aircraft!

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Ms Sturge is very busy lately with the copy and paste function on her PC. I received the exact same email from her yesterday concerning a 9 hour delay I experienced last month.

The 25% off makes me somewhat less irritated by the what transpired that evening, however, she did not address the horrible agents I encountered on the phone trying to waitlist on the later flight in order to make my international connection. She referred to weather "back East" and the pilot issue as causes which may or not be true given the myriad of reasons I was given by the check-in staff and gate agents. A poor showing by AC for sure.