FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet another "AC has lost my business" thread
Old May 17, 2012, 9:58 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by The Blue-Eyed Sheikh

And this is what is driving my boycott. I do not appreciate being jerked around and lied to. The late arrival / non-refundable ticket situation is, although irritating, perfectly within AC's rights. The dangling solutions and then yanking them away is what has alienated me.

TB-ES
I agree with you in many respects of your saga, Air Canada is consistently inconsistent. Its a total crapshoot when at the airport and while they have many fantastic agents, there are also quite a few duds.

That being said, unless you were getting ongoing error messages with online check-in due to the FRA-OTP segment (something that is becoming increasingly annoying with AC's online check-in "enhancements") you should have had a boarding pass on your mobile or in your hands before you left the office and got stuck in YYC's notorious Deerfoot crawl in the late afternoon.

As others have said in this thread. Never, ever, leave the counter without something in your hands. This crap about your TA 'releasing' the booking is a smokescreen and I would have stood my ground at the counter.

Lesson learned I guess.

So what's Plan B? Now my interest is peaked.