FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet another "AC has lost my business" thread
Old May 17, 2012, 8:40 am
Away from YYZ

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by ABG
Release a booking to AC? The booking is under airport control already....Anyays, TAs don't release bookings to airlines. Total poppycock.

Yicks. And about TA 'releasing' booking is new news to me. Maybe I haven't fly enough.. can someone comment? nice to know what the heck is that mean in the future....

Originally Posted by The Blue-Eyed Sheikh
Yeah - I did say due to circumstances (somewhat) beyond my control in the OP; long story shortened to:
  • yearly performance review being delayed past original meeting time.
  • yearly performance review taking longer than necessary (went well, but a lot of time agreeing with my boss)
  • resultant delay in leaving putting me into rush hour traffic.
Maybe I am a bit blunt. It is within your control.

I will tell my boss I am going to miss my flight so please cut the crap short.
And to have a meal at restaurant with a tight timeline (when you know the meeting was past orig meeting time), esp close to rush hour? I wouldn't risk it. Just grab something after you have arrived (or close by) the airport...

But I do get a feel for you with the phone calls you get involved in.... with all the finger pointing.. and I can't understand why AC need you to call your TA etc...

Just remember "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" rule...