FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences
Old May 16, 2012, 6:21 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

I flew LAX-LHR in GlobalFirst last weekend and used the First Class lounge before I left. Decent food/service there and an ample wine selection, although was disappointed by the lack of sweets (just the 2-count Milano packages that they have in the regular United Club were there); was expecting more in the way of cookies or cake or something.

But in any event, there were 12 people in the lounge for our 777 that had 12 F seats and I assumed we were all in the same cabin together. There were two gentlemen in the club who ate/drank up a storm...and were in the club for almost as long as me. When the LAX flight boarded, I was surprised to see them head back to their seats in Y (in the 30's row).

Which got me thinking --who were they? I thought the First Class lounge was only open to international first class passengers...but then I thought maybe they were Global Service members, but then I'd assume GS members could figure out a way up to at least Y+ if not J or F.

So who can use the lounge? And who were those men?