FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Pilot, Flight Attendant, Gate or Ticket Agent?
Old May 16, 2012, 2:10 pm
Hachiko

Originally Posted by mre5765
99.99% of the time there is no agent in the gate area when I leave the plane (and often I am the one who opens the door from the jetway to the gate area, and 90% of the time the magnet does not catch because the GA who operated the jetway, and is guarding the jetway door to the tarmac, didn't enter the proper code on the door that enables the magnet when the door is re-opened from inside the jetway. So I give up, and a few seconds later the siren goes off.).

With United, it has been the case for years that the counter is staffed only during pre-boarding (and in some stations like COS, rarely), and shortly before boarding the action moves to the podium. Arriving pax have nothing.

It is called cost cutting.
Sounds to me like you've got airline passeger tunnel vision syndrome.

There is always an agent. They are either down in the jetway assisting with gatechecks (on express flights) or standing behind the podium/counter up top. An open jetway cannot be left unattended.