FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here
Old May 16, 2012, 4:15 am
aeroFormosa

Programs: BR,CI,CX
1) Route and date of travel:
June 18, 2011 BR67 Taipei-Bangkok
June 20, 2011 BR68 Bangkok-Taipei

2) Date of request and how made:
on June 6, 2011 at EVA website.

3) Class of free ticket requested or original booking class (for upgrade):
purchased Elite (M) class for upgrade to Premium Laurel (N) class

4) Evergreen Club status: SILVER

5) Outcome:

Taipei-Bangkok route for N was cleared on June 17 (one day in advance)
Bangkok-Taipei route for N was cleared on June 19 (one day in advance)

6) Any other information:

I planned for a quick getaway to Bangkok after my family member transferred some 30,000 EVA miles which was to be expired by the end of the month. Since I didn't want to waste any mileage and in the sametime, travelling in business class, I purchased an Elite (M) class ticket for upgrade. Even though PL(J) class ticket was only a few thousands NT dollars (US$120) more than Elite (M).
I called the reservation office in Taipei almost everyday for pushing the seats and got no luck until the very last day before departure to have my outbound cleared. And for my inbound, it was cleared after I had a gout attack in Bangkok and my partner called the reservation and begged for help. The nice lady on the phone was then transfered the call to her supervisor who cleared the seat for me just minutes before they got off for work.

I thought that the flights would be very full, but there were 10 empty PL seats for Taipei-Bangkok bound and at least 5 empty PL seats in the front section for Bangkok-Taipei bound.

My travel photo albums: http://www.aeroFormosa.com