FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International (TATL/TPAC) OP-UP vs. SWU
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2012, 2:51 am
NewYorkMoscowFlyer64

Originally Posted by SoraAoi
Supposed to work and actually working are two very different things, of course. I was told by GAs that there are "recommendations," not rules, and GAs have a final say in who is OP-UPed and who is not. Not processing SWUs properly is a different story but, again, in the oversell situation, GAs can do pretty much as they please: the goal is to get as many people on the flight as possible, avoid paying out too much, and get the plane out on time. The company will close its eyes to everything else.

Anyway, I have written a polite inquiry to Delta. Will let you know what happens.
Good luck in this...i hope you get extremely generous compensation (really, to me, the only just compensation is they should allow you to treat a future sub-YBM fare as if it were a YBM fare and then you regain the upgrade priority you lost on another flight where you wouldn't have such priority). If they only give you miles or MQMs, the wrong is not really being remedied at all.

Also, if you do end up engaging in discourse, see if you can find out what the status and fare basis was of the numerous upgraded passengers. I am especially curious about the guy who was seated in 17F and then moved up by the gate agent with a new boarding pass at last moment before door closed.