FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 5:13 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greatmoosy
Hi NewbieRunner and Yurop,

I emailed SWISS about what the easiest shower lounge would be on a LAX-ZRH-LCY itinerary in C in July and a customer agent wrote back

"You can make use of the new Swiss Arrival Lounge at D-gate which has over 15 shower facilities. Upon arrival in Zurich simply follow directions to D-gate or ask staff for assistance. You can contact the Lounge should you require more information, and they can be reached on +41 (0)43 812 58 00."

I can't find anything to support shower availability at the Swiss D SEN/Business Lounges on the Swiss website (seems like the Transfer Area A lounges are it?) nor an "Arrival Lounge" except for the one noted by everyone when leaving Terminal 2.

Is this a mysterious forthcoming new lounge?
Welcome to FT, greatmoosy!

I'm afraid whoever answered your email is confused! The lounge being referred to is the new Arrival Lounge which is outside the customs in Arrival 2, so you'll need to go through passport control to get there. There is a newly refurbished lounge near D gates (where LCY flights depart from) but as far as I know there are no showers (even the toilets are outside the lounge down the corridor!)

Since the Swiss Lounge in Transfer Area A is in Schengen and you'll need to go through passport control to get there, I think your best bet is to go to the Arrival Lounge. After your visit to the lounge you can go througth priority security before going to your departure gate.