FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Republic Airlines to Operate 32 Q400's for UA
Old May 14, 2012, 8:43 pm
cwe84

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
EMIRATES IS SCOOPING UP THESE PILOTS FROM SMALL REGIONALS, RE TRAINING THEM VERY WELL. THEN WITH A NICE PAY BUMP, TAX FREE LIVING, FREE HOUSING, ETC IT'S A FAST ROUTE TO THE RIGHT HAND SEAT ON A 77W (which would take them YEARS ZTO ACHIEVE IN THE US). Of course they can't have a Union and for some, that's a deal breaker. They would rather work 18 hour days for half the pay AND have a Union THEN go to a company w good pay, a nice work and living environment and less hours BUT NO UNION. GO FIGURE?
Its not just about the Union. Its about lifestyle, family, FREEDOM.... Not everyone wants to give up certain things to go fly a big plane for not really that much more money... Its not always about money... Not to mention having someone dictate your life to you... Dictate your spouses life to them.... Its hardest on the wives and children of the pilots.... No one really asks what they think... The housing isnt free and according to steps being taken by the US government that salary may no longer be tax free. Also there are the work rules like in the US... Actually there really arent that many since the people who make the rules own the airline...Its not a fast route to the "Left seat" it may very well be the right seat for life...

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I don't allow my employees to fly ANY regional prop aircraft. Uh uh. It's not the aircraft as much as I don't know who's flying it
Thats sad... Do you know that Piedmont Airlines a wholly owned division of US Airways has pilots that have over 20 years with the company? Colgan has (had) pilots that were former airforce, former legacy, former foreign carrier pilots for whatever couldnt get a job anywhere else so they joined what they could get to requalify. Sad that you make such a blanket statement...

Last edited by cwe84; May 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm