FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz PlatePass (General Discussion) Thread [New Charge Policy, Eff. Feb 2018]
Old May 14, 2012, 9:27 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CrazyOne
Basically what others have mentioned: doesn't read and I haven't added the rental car's plate to my E-Z account (which will result in billing to Hertz and extra fee tied back to the rental info eventually), or adding the plate and getting charged for tolls for that car that are not in my rental period.

Thus I've stuck with cash on personal rentals. Usually I don't go through a lot of tolls on those (a short stint on the Mass Pike sometimes, plus a toll bridge at the Hudson). I might use PlatePass on a biz rental, but they just haven't turned up much recently, or they turn up for the one place I go where I don't have tolls.
OK, I've never had a problem with my personal ez-pass not reading in any car (or truck) I've had it in in the Northeast down as far as Baltimore.

My spare (third) ez-pass has just shown up. I'll have one in each of my cars and one with my travel stuff. Until something changes, my plan is to NOT add any rental cars to my account and just use my personal spare ez-pass.