FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits
Old May 13, 2012, 11:58 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtom
I've had my Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature for a few years, though I recently had a new card number issued because of fraud.

For the first time ever, my last statement shows no miles reported to AA, even though I had a balance (just $120 though).

What gives? Anybody see something similar? Are they just slow to report the miles, or do you need to exceed a certain spending limit now?
I suggest you call Citi and make sure the new card is linked to the right account. Citi has a history of mistakenly generating new partner* accounts when creating new card numbers, even when they should have used an existing account. Obviously, if the miles got transferred to a new account that you don't know about, you can't see them!

If Citi does find that your new card has the wrong account number, then you need to (a) have them fix that (good luck, on a Citi Hilton HHonors Visa it took me three attempts before it worked!) and (b) get the new mistaken number from them and call AA and explain what happened and have your accounts merged.

*My experience was with partner Hilton, but it's the same bank, so I can see them doing the same with partner AA.