FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International (TATL/TPAC) OP-UP vs. SWU
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2012, 3:42 pm
SoraAoi

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On the day of departure, any remaining BE seats should be given to people on Y B M fares using SWUs. This does not require any particular inventory class and is definitely before OPUPs or NRSA. It is last seat availability. We were promised this when SWU terms were redefined a bit around the time of the merger and the DL ATL DO. It is not the option of the GA to decide to OPUP others first for convenience or to give the remaining BE seats to nonrevs. The OP should complain and insist on an investigation in the strongest possible terms.

Personally, I would have demanded a redcoat before boarding and been on the phone to the DM line as well as the Atlanta resolution line until they closed the boarding door.
You are absolutely right on everything, from how the UGs should be processed to what I should have done -- and normally I would probably do just as you said. One of those days: two sleepless nights, definitely properly coded SWU on the JFK feeder flight, did not suspect anything until I boarded and reflected on being had.