FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2012, 10:15 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Hey jlemon, what'd'ja add to dat Cajun Bloody Mary to make it "very special"?! Basil Hayden and Molson chasers here at latitude 65. Cheers and thanks for the new questions! ^ I'm only onna have a stab at three of 'em, save a few fo the rest of the gang

2) What airline called their female flight attendants "Pamper Belles"?

Texas International or axshully Trans Texas Airways called its DC-9s "Pamper Jets", so ah mo'n have to go wit them.

8) BOAC operated the Boeing 377 "Stratocruiser" at one point, which was a double decker, four engine prop-driven aircraft. Name five (5) U.S. airlines that also operated the Boeing 377.

Lessee now... Pan American, United, Northwest, American Overseas Airline and Trans-Continental. I think it was Trans-Continental; White fuselage with yellow and black livery, that same outfit that was later taken over by USOA

13) Back in 1963, what type of aircraft did Swissair operate between Buenos Aires (EZE) and Santiago, Chile (SCL)?

The Convair 990 Coronado. Swissair took its 990s where even Coronado had never gone before!
Correcto-mundo on just about all, Seat 2A!

With regard to the Boeing 377, I have Transocean instead of Trans-Continental.......and one fine day in ANC, I actually saw a Boeing 377 (although it may have actually been a C-97) take off in a cloud of smoke from the engines. The aircraft was apparently engaged in the transportation of freshly caught fish such as the salmon species (and doesn't AS have a 737 nicknamed "salmon-thirty-salmon"?)........

Swissair actually operated the Convair 990A which was an improved version of the 990 model......

As for the aforementioned very special Bloody Mary, I used an interesting mix by the name of "Gator Blood" which is locally produced right here in south Looziana and is billed as a "Full Cajun Bloody Mary Mix". I also added some spices such as Trader Joe's "21 Season Salute" as well as Andy Roo's "Cajun Blackened Seasoning" (which is made in the New Orleans area) and also a good dollop of Zatarain's New Orleans-style prepared horseradish. And the piece de resistance? I added a large smoked jalapeno pepper from Smokin' Dave's Four-H Farms in Cold Spring, Texas. Laissez les bon temps rouler!