FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best time to book a flight to Honolulu for Dec. 2012?
Old May 12, 2012, 5:21 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
A friend of mine is getting married in Hawaii in late-December. Not so surprisingly, tickets for that time period will be expensive. I think the cheapest that I see out of YVR is just slightly over C$1000. Is it possible that some of the discount fares aren't released yet? Or C$1000ish for that time period reasonable?
Discount fares may be offered, but closer to the holiday season.

It is not clear to me where you live? If you live in Vancouver, flying from Bellingham or Seattle is much cheaper than from YVR. Similarly, if you live in Toronto, flying from Buffalo is much cheaper.

If you live in Western Canada, than you may save by buying an AC Hawaii flight pass. From Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton, 6 flight credits are $2170, before tax (but all other fees are included).The price is somewhat more expensive from other cities in Western Canada. If you fly often enough in North America, consider the transcontinental flight pass.

Check out the fares on Westjet - it is possible they may be cheaper.