FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA/NH: SEA/SFO/LAX-NRT/GUM - MANILA rt.from $682 a.i.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:19 pm
BangkokTraveler

Programs: UA 2MM
This is a good deal for a one-stop (NRT) trip. I have done ORD-HNL-GUM-MNL in economy and that trip is really unpleasant. Too many stops, no in-seat TV and not enough sleeping time

Originally Posted by dogloverjb:18548669
I searched Sept (UA website) and found this immediately, without playing with dates (note only 50% miles on ANA, but it is a short leg):
For UA Mileage plus, it's 100% earned on NH flights in K class for transpacific, and also ongoing international connections, so it is my understanding that you'll get 100% miles and bonuses on the NH flight from NRT to MNL if you fly SEA-NRT also on NH.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/marketing/custcomm/promotions/pages/AirlinePartnerDetails.aspx?ItemId=299

NH is much better than UA in economy, service is great and the "view" while getting your food or drink is much better too. One other possible benefit to booking ANA is if UA cans the SEA-NRT routing. If they do that, they'd unlikely move you to the NH nonstop. They'd route you through SFO.

I see $766 RT without tricks for Nov SEA-NRT-MNL all on NH. LAX departures slightly higher ($856 on NH, $754 on AA/JQ). Wish I could find something like this ex-ORD.

Last edited by BangkokTraveler; May 11, 2012 at 1:00 am