FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEXUS First Time Applications Processing Timelines
Old May 10, 12, 1:30 pm
canflyergirl

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by PeshoTeslata View Post
You guys are either very lucky or we, Canadians are screwed big time...
I've paid the NEXUS application fee on Mar 2 and STILL am in "Pending Review" status.
Of course the maximum 8 (EIGHT!) weeks time has passed, so I've wrote an e-mail to CBP Ombudsman and have received the following answer:

I also found a phone number to call and the nice guy with Indian accent politely explained to me that there are NO MORE time estimates - all I have to do is to WAIT INDEFINITELY until the status is changed.
I'll wait patiently to see if I can reach a quarter or may be a year waiting time.
Talking about new jobs - maybe US state administration should take a look at CBP and open few new positions to get the huge backlog issue fixed?... ;-)

Call on the phone and they'll tell you more. I called before the 8 weeks were over, and the exact day it turned 8 weeks my goes account was updated saying i was approved and able to schedule an interview and that I had 30 days to schedule one. Hope it helps!