FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old May 9, 2012, 10:25 pm
mrcimino1

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by canadatosiberia
Haven't been on TATL with DL for over a year, but heading out MSP-AMS return in BE in 2 weeks (other connecting flights, but inconsequential). Anyone reviews on the BE meals these days? How about the wine selection?
BE meals are really quite good these days. Personally, I love the soup and appetizer. Usually skip the salad, which is quite large and uninteresting, nothing to write home about. Main courses offer a lot of choices, but I generally choose either the fish or pasta option. Steak is usually well-done and tough, and the chicken can be dryed out from freezing and then over-heating on the plane. Can't help you much with the wines, I forego them for a Heineken. Dessert is always very good, no matter which one you choose.

Pre-arrival "snack" last week was choice of a chicken and pesto hot sandwich or a salmon and potato salad cold plate. Either one is very tasty, it depends on my mood which one I choose for myself.

In between the two meal services, there is usually a hot chocolate chip cookie offered and there is always the snack cart for additional munchies if you get hungry. On my MXP-JFK flight last week, there were so many desserts left over that those were the only things on the snack cart. Lots of fruit and cheese choices plus Italian cannoli with strawberries. No packaged cookies, no chips in sight. The hot chocolate chip cookies ended up being added to the tray for the pre-arrival snack instead of being offered mid-flight. It was no big deal, no one went hungry and we actually arrived about 35 minutes early so there was not enough time to eat all of the food that was available!

If you want to preview the main menu for your flight, go to delta.com and you will find it under Travel Information/In-Flight Services/Business Elite. Have a good flight!