FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is British Avios more valuable than AA or United miles?
Old May 9, 12, 7:18 pm
deltame

The answer to first question depends on the specific flights that you wish to redeem: using BA miles (e.g., to fly on AA) is better for short haul flights.

No, BA and AA are separate programs, and you'd using BA miles on BA site following BA redemption rules, and using AA miles on AA site (or by phone) following AA redemption rules. However, as BA/AA belong to the same alliance, you can use BA miles to fly AA or vice verse, but the redemption rules always follow the program/miles that you are redeeming from. As recommended by another poster, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18542795-post188.html, you really should invest time to study some basic FF rules for each program (in order to better take advantage of you miles).

Lastly, its usually better to keep UR points where they are until you are ready to make a specific redemption.

Originally Posted by jimmy1 View Post
I don't have any BA avios or BA card but I can use my Advantage miles on BA site and use just 15k miles for domestic round trip VS doing it directly at AA.com which costs 25k miles?

Should I transfer my chase UR points to BA and not United?
Thanks