FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Change Coupon Connection Access Requirements
Old May 9, 2012, 1:35 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by antichef
I know you lot are much more savvy to this sort of thing than I and I have no knowledge of what folks do to get into CC etc, but I reckoned if this poster was trying to slip in under the radar at 8 years they were being being very very canny - when a few very gently padded posts or questions over the years would have done it!! As I said, I am not questioning the Mods decision - as it was absolutely straight down the line on the rules - and I am a lawyer

The reference post so you can see it is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...-envelope.html
As an aside, that member has CC access as s/he achieved 90 posts/90 days before Talkboard changed entry requirements. I have just checked. Access was not removed from any member when the entry requirements were changed. They were imposed going forward. Thanks for bring this up; I have messaged the forum mod.

I am not trying to diminish your point, as certainly there were long timers who had not achieved the requisite 90 posts at that point in time.