FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can the TB revisit the Commercial links in Signatures issue?
Old May 9, 2012, 11:08 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kipper
Originally Posted by Jenbel
And do we have any empirical evidence that people who put their referral links in sigs actually get any responses?

In other words, is this a problem of perception, or one of reality?
If you were milking it, would you admit it? Why, when we have rules concerning congas, would we allow others to manipulate the system by using their signatures? Does it matter if there is proof that they are receiving referrals, when they're manipulating the system and showing that either the conga referral isn't enough to them, or that they simply don't care if there is a conga?
Agreed and perhaps a "re-review" of the signatures is in order?

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
FWIW - I rarely read signatures of anyone. My guess is I'm not the only one. BTW - I'm not saying there aren't some issues w/ signatures, but I am saying my guess is 99% of FTers don't bother reading signatures. Of course I need to point out that's only a guess......
Cheers.
As (imho) probably the case with most F/t'ers hence those signatures which "don't fit the guidelines" are still out there