FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes
Old May 9, 2012, 10:16 am
DLroads

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
DLroad

any update on meet up?
Good morning DHalltheway, dcline414 and all!

Thank you for following up. We had 19 respondents to the check up survey. Great input, and thank you!

Updates:

(a) We are waiting for a confirmation from the SEA center director regarding the potential date. Given their transition period, they are very busy but I hope that I will get a reply before the weeked.

From the survey, two dates were highlighted as the best fit dates for flyertalkers and visitors to attend (Both were Fridays). One is slightly better fit than the other (by 1 respondent), so we will aim at that one first. It also falls well with the center, since weekends have lighter loads and they wish to have as many employees as possible for us to meet.

The general aim of the service center director and us is to make sure we will arrive at time that allows us to meet both those that are leaving the shift, and those comming to the new shift. This way, we can meet as many as possible.

(b) Canarsie has generously agreed to work on the design of the cards. We will have them printed for each staff member at the center. Thank you, Canarsie

We did set a paypal account for the event, and I've asked Canarsie (again) to serve as my advisor for expenses and make sure I put them into best use, which he generously agreed (thank you #2! I always like a second opinion).

(c) Catering: Do you know the 'top pot' doughnut in Seattle?
http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/
It is a local famous (and amazing) place.
This would be the source for all 'nutrition' needs for the visitors and staff members. (+visitors can always go and buy few to take home...). So the plan is for donuts, coffee and mainly (as the service director requested)- us being there and saying thank you in person to the staff.

We will work all other special dietary needs of staff members or visitors.

(d) Special event(s) during the visit: We have sent our ideas and we are waiting to hear about them. I hope it will become fruitful.

We are still considering a local Seattle tour, if there would be a demand.

(e) Hotel group rate; I am outreaching to hotels to see what we can get. Given the fact that I am not experienced in this aspect, I have contacted a person who organized bigger DO's and got his advise on this. Thank you #3 is in place...

(f) Procedures (more to follow):
The center is an office building, which means that it requires everyone to have a valid ID (driver license/passport) when entering. We will work out the guest passes.
At the moment, it does not seem that we will need to go through an area that has 'airport type'/'tsa ready' security (e.g. no liquids), but I will keep everyone posted on that.

We did not work out yet the do's/don't regarding photographs in the events, but once I have detailed guidelines on that, I will follow as well.

I hope to come back to the thread with an additional update, mainly- date and time soon. Thank you for your patient, and big THANK YOU for standing up to help us say THANK YOU to the people who watch our travel needs.

Last edited by DLroads; May 9, 2012 at 10:29 am