FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Change Coupon Connection Access Requirements
Old May 9, 2012, 1:50 am
antichef

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I know why the rules are there, and have no issue with them. I noticed a poster in a forum having his thread closed because it seemed to be asking for a swap, and quite properly it was shut as it was not appropriate for the forum. The poster did not meet the entry requirement for CC, so could not post there.

I have never even taken any interest in such things until I noticed that the poster had a post count of about 140 but had been a member for over 8 years! Obviously not a high post rate, but clearly not "padding" in any way. There is a requirement to be contributing to the "business" of flying, and not be seen to be just interested in getting into the CC or other restricted fora

Perhaps the signal to noise ratio of such posters is much sweeter than others who are more prolific - but at this rate the member has a few more years to go before they will gain access to CC!!

When next it comes to be considered perhaps it might include a reduced post count for long standing members? eg 4 years/50 posts

Last edited by antichef; May 9, 2012 at 3:35 am