FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting through CDG: looking for first timers practical advice
Old May 8, 2012, 5:04 pm
SporkLover

Programs: HHONORS, AA, Delta, Southwest, Avis, Emerald Club
Originally Posted by MarLim
Don't expect a lot, it's a quite boring walk!

When you arrive in 2D, you have to get out of the secure zone as anybody else with final destination CDG and you'll find yourself landside. Turn left towards terminals 2EF (signs are quite good, don't worry). You get to the TGV train station / Sheraton hotel, there you cross over to the other walking way (if you'd continue straight ahead you get to terminal 2F) and continue to 2E. In the middle of 2E, where the escalator comes up from arrivals level and from terminal 2F, you turn right and find yourself in front of the immigration booths. Head to the left end of the booths, where you find the priority line. Be sure you know your departure gate for ATL as after immigration check, you either head straight on for main gates or you take the automated shuttle for satellite gates.

Be also aware, that AF from PRG could arrive in terminal 2F, there is no absolute certainty that they will spit you out in 2D. In that case, the walk would be even shorter.
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I made this connection earlier today and CDG certainly didn't live up to its bad reputation. I wasn't sure how to exit the secure area in 2D, but once I figured it out finding 2F was easy and the signage was great.

Thanks to marlim; I printed your directions and they were spot on!