FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving airside in ICN to meet someone during layover
Old May 8, 2012, 11:53 am
jaesun

Originally Posted by KQ321
I agree it shouldn't be a problem. If you're non-Korean, you have to fill out an Immigration card, which will have a space for 'address' and/or 'purpose of visit' (I can't remember the details, but there's definitely something). However, if you put down 'transit', and explain to the official at passport control that you don't have an address because you're just going landside between flights, they should be fine with that. Same thing applies when you fill out the departure card, when going back airside later on.

Just one other thing to watch - the queues for (non-Korean) immigration at ICN can be pretty long at peak arrival times, so you may need to factor this into your planning. I don't recall such delays on departure, though.
I wonder how they handle the transit tours? I would think you have to go through immigration anyways ... But yeah, I figure I can just put transit on the card because I am meeting with someone landside and I figure they should be fine with it.