FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would appreciate advice/insights on my Alaska itinerary
Old May 8, 2012, 10:40 am
Miss0033

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by catgirl
fti, thank you so much for your detailed response and particularly the advice about the Natural History Tour. The reason I was leaning towards an organized tour is because I thought it might be the best way to make use of our limited time. Would you recommend against the Tundra Wilderness tour as well?

So far I have been able to get a car for one week at approx $320 everything included with National. I will keep watching for a better deal but the summer rates are SO expensive in AK! And I've booked two nights at the McKinley Village Lodge using a two-for-one Northern Lights coupon.

For Anchorage we definitely plan to spend some time at the Anchorage Museum and the Native Heritage Centre. Perhaps even the museum of natural history if we can squeeze it in. Right now I am immersing myself in everything Alaska and trying to get my husband to give me a short list of his must-see/must-do's. I figure I'll then come back to FT for some more advice as to whether to do those as shore excursions from the cruise ship, or during our land time in Anchorage/Denali.

Thanks again, and I hope you'll be around to offer me more advice later
Where are you finding a week rental car for $320? My 9 day rental is over $800 with a discount code through AVIS.