FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2012, 7:48 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Well, of course, I have to chime in here with regard to my last flights on board B707/B720A/B720B equipment....

Last B720A flight: BN from HOU to DAL. Unfortunately, I do not recall the exact year but it was probably the late 60's.

Last B720B flight: CO from LAX nonstop to IAH. I believe the year was 1969.

Last B707 flight: AA from DFW to YUL via an intermediate stop at ORD. I think the year was 1975 (BTW, started my journey to Quebec on board a BN B727-100 AUS to DFW).

Well, to get into the spirit of things here, I'll add the following aircraft to best of my recollection...

Last Airbus A300 flight: CO from SFO to IAH in F

Last Airbus A300 series 600R flight: AA from MIA to LAX in Y

Last BAC One-Eleven flight: Pacific Express from SFO to SBA

Last BAe 146 flight: PSA ("Catch Our Smile!") from LAS to BUR

Last Boeing 727-100 flight: AA from DSM to DFW in F

Last Boeing 727-200 flight: NW from BOI to MSP in F

Last Boeing 737-200 flight: AS from Cordova, Alaska (CDV) to ANC (aircraft was a 73M Combi)

Last Boeing 747-100 flight: UA from HNL to LAX in F

Last Boeing 747-200 flight: CO from HNL to LAX in C

Last Boeing 747-300 flight: Qantas (QF) from HNL to LAX in C (as an airline marketing manager working in Hawaii at the time, I was able to non-rev on this flight as QF did not have domestic traffic rights and thus could not sell seats between HNL-LAX although stopover traffic was permitted).

Last Convair 880 flight: DL from IAH to ATL in Y

Last Douglas DC-8 series 50 flight: DL from ATL to DTW via an intermediate stop in DAY in Y

Last Douglas DC-8 "Super" series 60 flight: NA from IAH to MSY in Y

Last Douglas DC-9 series 10 flight: TW from CVG to STL in F

Last Douglas DC-9 series 30 flight: NW from MSP to HOU in F

Last Douglas DC-10 flight: NW from AMS to MEM in Y (upgrade did not clear, darn it, but I did get World Business Class going over MEM-AMS. This was just before NW completely retired their DC-10s).

Last Fokker F-28 flight: Horizon Air (QX) from GEG to SEA

Last Lockheed L-1011 flight: DL from SFO to HNL in F

Last McDonnell Douglas MD-11 flight: Swissair (SR) from ZRH to JFK in C

I think that's it for yours truly with regard to jet equipment no longer operated in the U.S specifically concerning scheduled passenger operations (is anybody still flying pax in the MD-11 to the U.S?)......

Last edited by jlemon; May 8, 2012 at 6:36 pm Reason: Additional jet aircraft