FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to Stay in Bermuda?
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 7:12 pm
Fontaine

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I came home from the Southampton today.

I think it is a decent four star hotel. The food offerings on the Gold floor were not nearly as good as other Fairmonts, but the staff up there made up for it. Don't overspend for it, though. Instead, have the buffet breakfast in the dining room (very good - about $33 per person) snack at the beach and then have dinner (reservations in advance are a must for their good restaurants). Jackets are required in their steakhouse and most men wore them at the other good restaurants too. I found the room musty. The junior suites should be avoided - odd layouts and ugly). Be sure to go to the beach next to their private beach - one of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen. I found the bay view rooms had a more interesting view then the ocean view, and kept the sliding balcony doors open all night. The resort is in an upscale residential neighborhood, but the roosters woke me up every day!

I loved the beach (very comfortable, and unlike other resorts with shuttles, I never waited more than 5 minutes) and I am looking forward to returning in August.

By the way, I found Fairmont's website more complicated to use than necessary, and some of their best rates are hidden. Keep working at it. And if you aren't a member of their Presidents club, sign up in advance for free wireless Internet among other benefits. And their TV was terrible - no movie channels, no pay per view, no HD, but I had a DVD player.