FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Platinum Card / Hertz #1 Club Gold
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 2:40 pm
tjk1976

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Amex Platinum Card / Hertz #1 Club Gold

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but I just noticed an apparent inconsistency in the Amex Platinum Card benefits. The full fee Plat card (Canadian) published benefits state that they include:

"Complimentary Hertz #1 Club Gold Membership and FREE car class upgrades When you rent with Hertz, your complimentary program membership entitles you to routinely enjoy benefits such as Enjoying complimentary membership in Hertz #1 Club Gold, which includes Complimentary One Car Class Upgrade (subject to availability)."

Yet, the Hertz Gold Membership Guide now states that the Hertz #1 Club Gold level no longer includes complimentary upgrades, not to mention the fact that the #1 Club Gold membership tier is now offered for free to the general public. Upgrades do not appear to be included at levels below Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star and President's Circle.

A call to Platinum Customer Service yielded the "we'll have to look into that" response that I expected. I'm assuming it is what it appears to be and the benefit has been diluted to be of zero value. Does anyone have any info about this?