FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 22x18x10 bag
Thread: 22x18x10 bag
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2012, 3:11 pm
tfar

Originally Posted by lmagnott
I will be flying on Easyjet next month. I realize that they only permit one carry on, but the dimensions are slightly larger than those of my usual airline (American) - 22x18x10 as opposed to 22x14x9. I'd like to take advantage of this larger allowance to avoid having to check a bag, but I'm having trouble finding a bag that fits those larger dimensions. Any advice on which bags are available in that size? I'd also prefer a duffel-style bag as opposed to a structured bag on wheels. Thanks.
Is it just one flight on EasyJet? Or are you planning on using the airline more often? If it's just one flight, is it really worth the time and money looking for a new bag. I mean if you spend two hours looking for a bag of the exact size that's much more than what you'd spend at the luggage claim.

And depending on the bag you buy it will also be more expensive than simply checking a bag you already have. With the added advantage that if you just check a bag you can actually take a bigger bag and take full advantage of the larger and heavier checked bag allowances.

The only reason I can see to justify the purchase and search of a bag of exactly those dimensions for a single trip on that airline is if you must transport something valuable that you cannot check and that is too big for your current carry-on.

Till