FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RPUs still not clearing automatically
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2012, 1:38 pm
PHXonUA

Programs: UA 1KMM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AVIS President's Club
2 tickets bought on May 2nd (H outbound, V return) for a trip from PHX to GDN (Gadansk, POL) in early June. Routing is PHX-ORD-MUC-GDN and the reverse on the return. GPU applied less than 1 hour after ticket was issued. All segments were waitlisted (the hop from MUC to GDN is not eligible for upgrade) at the time of original request.

Due to everything I have read about integration mess on FT I start to check my Res. every day. Sure enough today, the last segment (ORD-PHX) on the return shows R3 and that segment is still listed as Waitlisted. I call in and agent states the computer is waiting for space to open up on the International segment. I tell her my understanding is that if R space opens up I should be able to clear that on any segment and ask her to force it. She has to call Support desk and it takes about 15 minutes but in the end she gets it done.

I know know that I have to check this at least everyday or pay for EF subscription. Maybe I will ask United to reimburse me for that?

United is going to lose my business after this trip until they fix this mess and offer some form of compensation for all the time I will be wasting babysitting my reservations that I use upgrade instruments on.

I can't understand how UA could not have spent more time testing the upgrade logic before the conversion? This is one of the most important perks that Elites use and one they rightly expect to function correctly.