FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Export to Outloook" now "Export to Calendar"
Old May 2, 2012, 6:47 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by user999991
I know this is a minor annoyance, but I don't understand why the new website downgraded the calendar export feature.

On the old website, if you "exported to calendar", a calendar file (.vcs) was generated that listed your flight as a calendar event, and flight details in the information.

It was a hassle to have to download four separate files for each segment in a typical trip, but at least they added to the calendar the way you'd expect them to.

The new "export to outlook" function generates an calendar entry that consists of a single long "event" beginning the moment your first flight departs and ends when your final flight touches down.

Is it just me who hates this? It makes it difficult for my spouse to see my flight details, it clogs up my calendar, it's just brain dead.
yeah, a few of us have commented on this. Based on a response in one of those threads, I have used Tripit to generate the old style calendar enteries.

You email your itin to Tripit and it creates an Outlook calendar that can be copied to your normal Outlook calendar.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18226505-post2272.html