FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old May 2, 2012, 4:49 pm
Janus

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mhop1027
As I said before, I'm 0 for 22 going through ATL and DTW after getting my GE. Contacted Delta who said this was a TSA program. So I contacted the CBP who administer GE and they again directed me to the TSA. TSA tells me that Delta controls the membership and that I should contact them as to why I'm not getting selected.

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't specifically get my GE for this purpose. 0 for 22 is definitely not random at all. I have my profile set up and can confirm that my Membership Number/PASSID is a 9 digit number which I then put into my Delta profile under Known Traveller Number (or whatever it is called).
Feel free not to answer if you think this is too personal of a question. But for your GE interview/application, did they seem concerned about anything in your past? (i.e. legal trouble that were not enough to warrant a deny). Also, how many years have you had your DL account and what's your lifetime MQM?

I have a theory that PreCheck is not as random as we think. That based on the details of a person's history, they adjust the "randomness" of PreCheck. For example, a 2MM with a spotless GE background check would get "randomly" selected 1% of the time. While a brand new customer with a few misdemeanor offences, might get selected 95% of the time.