FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread
Old May 2, 2012, 4:28 pm
DL2SXM
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by dcline414
Make sure you add it to any existing itineraries at least 72 hours before they begin. Delta doen't automatically transfer this information over from your updated profile to the itineraries you've already booked.

Nope. It is embedded in your BP, but there is no way to verify before/during/after printing that it was submitted correctly. When you scan your BP at security, it will indicate whether you were selected for pre-check or not for this trip. I had quite a few "not selected" days before my first time getting to go through pre-check, but there was no way to confirm if I was actually "not selected" or my info was just not properly included in my BP.

IF selected for pre-check (remember that you won't know until you enter security, so you must be prepared for the traditional screening), you leave your liquids and laptop in the bag and don't have to take off your belt or shoes (as long as they don't set off the metal detector).

In the winter they were requiring that wool overcoats be removed, but otherwise you can leave on jackets and outerwear as well.
Thanks, seems like easy breazy! Like GE, I would pay to have the garauntee of using pre-check every time, all the time.