FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: "Go Ahead, Be Choosy" -- May-Sept 2012 [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:06 pm
jb3t

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
wow... the leaks were right on.

I think SPG thought way too much on this one. I also think they put in way too much stock on the "non participating" list, social media, and the whole concept is confusing. Keep it simple... I would MUCH rather have 3-4-5 nights per a free weekend night with a non-participating list than 20 nights for 2 and maybe two other choices.

I have a heavy travel schedule coming up and for the first time this period will not be 100% SPG because of the promotion. I may just go the minimum and collect elsewhere.

As a business traveler, I collect points for one reason... to take the family on vacation. What I see here is a cap on my earning after 2 months. That means from July-Sept, I will not even use SPG. I will collect elsewhere for the first time ever. That's a major bummer for me.

Lastly... if they wanted to use Social Media, they should have added a twist to the promo. Check in on FaceBook or Twitter during your stay and your choice doubles. We would all be checking in like crazy. Even then, the promo is suspect at best.