FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: "Go Ahead, Be Choosy" -- May-Sept 2012 [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:04 pm
Jon Gegenheimer

silly

this whole thing is weird. the decision trees and math and social media running up to it...thanks for offering something, but please don't waste my time making me work out the calendar and sift through options when it's obvious none of the choices is as good as what we're used to for summers. the falloff in quality relative to normal "couple stays =s some type of free night" is severe. for me personally, it's definitely a good reason to shift all business away for a while, i'd rather be at a rc or 4s anyway but i'll cheap out for the chance to get free weekends at princeville and the like, but no longer an incentive. the fact that this is all wrapped in this social media guessing game with live twitter updates about who is picking what is sort of an insult to my intelligence (is the "fun" of all this supposed to eclipse a demonstrably worse offer?)

i guess i'm glad if they're managing to do well enough to under-motivate summer staying but whatever, people have to do what their incentives tell them to do.