FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Shopping Mall Newbie
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:18 pm
djmeese1

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Emerald Exec, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Balkan
Hi -

I'm new to earning points through the Amex shopping mall, and have a question. Once I click through Amex to a retailer website and spend money, do I get the points even for items that were already in the shopping cart unpurchased from before I clicked through?

To illustrate, my wife was shopping online today and had a bunch of clothes in the cart at a retailer's website. I told her we should check to see if we could get points through the Amex mall - turns out we could - and so we clicked through Amex, and a new window opened up to the same retailer's website. The items were still in the cart in the new window and we bought them. I am assuming we get points that way, but I just wanted to make sure we didn't need to start from scratch with an empty cart.

Am I right? Many thanks in advance!
I think you will be fine as I did the same thing my first time. I had the same worries but I got the points as promissed. If it happened to me again I would clear history and cookies on browser and shop again through AMEX Mall just to be on the safe side.