FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:37 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdrummer
I was rejected for the AA offer for having a retirement account, despite having assurance and confirmation from Fidelity saying I was in fact eligible. They then sent me this in a DM:
". Our national group is aware of your conversation on March 8 but continues to state that you did not qualify and will not give you America Airlines miles for these funds. The associate I spoke to stated that the offer has changed as of April 5 and if you were to deposit additional funds into the account you would qualify but our National group will not allow these past funds to be counted towards the offer. They stated that the only miles offer they could press to our national office is the Delta Airmiles offer because you did qualify for that offer on March 7.
I see that you argued with ***** about your eligibility and you were assured. I completely understand what you are saying and I am very sorry that I can not do more for you in this."

Classic bait and switch! Changing the rules in the middle of the game...
Go to TD for the SPG offer if that still exists, and TELL Fido why.

They disqualified me last year on the AMEX Membership Reward offer that was specifically opened for existing customer because we had a very small (15K AA miles) 4 years ago via exception. The rep on the Chat was kind of rude also. I sent a SM to tell Fido how I felt and how I was valued by TD (fact was, we already were pulling out assets from our regular account but the IRA accounts were untouched.) Someone from "Executive Team" contacted me in 2 days and the table turned.

The idiots at Fido deserve to have their bonuses taken by folks cycling their money - teach them an expensive lesson that all their money spent in marketing to get new customers by treating existing customers like sh$t gains them NOTHING while costs them a ton.

Good for those folks have been able to get double/triple dips before the game finally! slowly changes.