FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Centurion - New Joining Fee
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:03 pm
amexpete

Programs: Coutts Silk Card, Hilton G,SPG Plat,Priority C Plat, Amex BA +,Kempinski P C,BA G,Virgin G, P-Pass
I can confirm that the £2,500 joining fee as stated by the OP is being introduced, the £1,800 fee remains at the moment but the card is being revamped with new partners, this will take place later in the year after the Platinum revamp has been completed. I had this discussion with Centurion prior to binning the card this week, they are losing customers which is not surprising, the service they offer is shabby at best and as for demanding a joining fee, well I will leave that to any mug who wants to throw their money away. Had the benefits and service been as they should be I would have had no hesitation in keeping the card, but I had seen and had enough, if nobody takes a stand they will continue to 'get away with it'.

Having taken the stance of cancelling it and destroying the cards I can honestly say that I have no emotional feelings towards it, I had the card from when it was first introduced, it has served its purpose but now outlived its use (due to lousy service) for my purposes. I have moved on to a card (Coutts World Card) that treats its customers with the utmost respect and has an outstanding diligent and very personal concierge service that makes Amex concierge look like it is run by primary school children with no teacher in sight. Life moves on and so am I