FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Israeli Visa for UAE Citizen
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:15 am
Thumper

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by georgina80
I'm almost 100% sure that Israel will not let a citizen of the UAE in. Just like they would never let in someone Lebanese or Syrian. You can try... but I just cant see it happening unfortunately.
Please forgive me for again correcting your overly broad statements, but the facts simply do not support your opinions. Never is a strong word.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/149382

Two Syrian brides crossed Israel's northern border to meet their grooms Thursday despite the unrest in their homeland. The two young women arrived the Quneitra crossing in the Golan Heights, accompanied across the U.N. buffer zone by United Nations peacekeeping forces.

This is not the first time that Syrians have crossed into Israel for such purposes, or others, for that matter. Many Israeli Druze in the Golan Heights have relatives living across the border in Syria. A similar happy occasion took place this past January, when another Syrian bride likewise crossed the checkpoint to marry her betrothed. The couple lives in the Israeli Druze village of Buqata in the Golan Heights.

In the past, the Jerusalem government has allowed Druze students to go to study across the border despite the absence of a peace treaty. Israeli Druze farmers in the north also export their apple crops to Syria each year, trucking the produce through the Quneitra crossing.