FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long queues at T5 border control
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:16 pm
xxxxx

Originally Posted by Boraxo
1hour when arriving April 19 at 1pm (just missed fast track cutoff) and 1.25 hours arriving today at 1:30pm (almost longer than flight from Rome). And it got much worse after that as more afternoon flights arrived. This was for the non-UK/EU citizens line (the others were much shorter). Not even 50% of the stations were staffed. Much to my surprise the Border staffer even apologized.

To be honest this situation is unacceptable for a business class customer. I will not be flying BA again into T5 after Noon unless this situation is rectified. It is curious that I've never had to wait more than a few minutes at T1 when arriving on a UA 747. What sense is there to have fast track end when int flights are still arriving (and longer hours in T3).

Now to be fair some USA airports have bad lines (eg IAD). But again, I have a choice of airlines and itineraries, so BA will be kissing my paid business goodbye surely along with others. It is a horrible way to end an otherwise pleasant 10hr flight.
Would just like to point out that very long queues at immigration are a recent development due to changes at UKBA. If you read some UK news reports you'll see that it affects all Heathrow terminals with queues at T1 today quoted as "over 3 hours"