FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: Ok, I'm going to say it...
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:53 am
toothy

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Even though I generally despise huge sticky threads, I think that's a pretty good idea in this case. If a ton of BMI newbies invade the BA board, adding a million threads about every single question, it will likely create a backlash and ill will towards the newbies. Making one thread for the BMI transferees to ask their newbie questions, and where some helpful knowledgeable BA old hands can answer would be a good solution in my mind.
I completely agree. There was a general backlash against all of the Chase cardholders (got 100,000 avios with their card and then complained that they had to pay taxes ). However, a sticky was created for them and this has helped a lot as you don't get the same question asked every day.

I think that a lot of the BAEC members are also DC members. As others have said, the BA Board will change as the BMI members join in. If you think someone has been out of order - please point it out and often people will back you up. In addition, whilst their are apologists, people coming on and saying "I had a crap flight with BA once, I'm never flying them again", doesn't go down well. I've had crap flights with lots of airlines, but if I refused to fly on them all - I wouldn't be flying anymore

T