FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Organization of Airline Programs
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:19 am
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lin821
Fair point.

If I am not mistaken, our Community Director made the change on April 4th, 2012 and has final say in this matter, not TalkBoard.
Indeed, the CD has the final say in every matter. I think that if TB recommended that the name be changed back, she would probably be fine with it though. I have written to her to better understand her position on this issue
BTW, I am truly baffled. Can the AoI camp explain to this "outsider" the differences between "Airlines of India Forum" and "India-based Airlines Forum", other than AoI can't be the acronym no more? And yes, per the alphabetical arrangement of Airline Programs on FT, India-based Airlines Forum is no longer the 4th forum from the top.

I do get the sense of community part in AoI but what exactly are changing other than a different name? It's not like we are calling this orange an apple from now on. Are the forum frequenters of AoI going to change the way they participate India-based Airlines Forum because of the name change? The AoI regulars do find and still frequent India-based Airlines, right? It's not like the airlines of India themselves had changed, unlike the recent merge of UA/CO where two groups of elites are forced to settle in the new United Mileage Plus (Consolidated) Forum under new FFP terms.

I don't have the answer but is India-based Airlines Forum any different since April 4th , 2012?
Airlines of India is a name that has grown on the members of our forum over the years. It's a fitting name that stands for the content, the community, the people of our forum. Many of us have grown an attachment to the name.

India-based airlines just doesn't have the same ring to it.

It's just subjective preference I guess - but the point is that many members from our community like the name AoI better.